1. What type of Visa can I apply online?
You can only apply tourist and business visas for eVisa.
2. If I have more than one passport, can I apply for the Visa using the particulars from the first passport and then travel with the second passport?
Travelers are allowed to enter Myanmar with the passport being issued the eVisa.
3. Is there any validity restriction of inviting company registration for Business Visa?
The inviting registered company must have at least 6 months validity of registration.
4. Can I apply eVisa if I am travelling with Group Tour?
Yes. Group Tours can also apply online eVisa. Individual needs to apply and pay separately.
5. Can I print my Visa in Black and White?
Yes, you can, as long as it is clear for checking by immigration officer.
6. My trip is delayed and my eVisa is expired. Can you change my eVisa validity date?
We are not able change the validity dates on your eVisa. We encourage you to re-apply for another visa.
7. I plan to travel from Myanmar to another country for a short trip and return back to Myanmar again. Do I need to apply two Visas within such a short period of time?
Yes, you will need to apply for two eVisas. Each eVisa is only valid for a single entry.
8. I plan to travel to Myanmar three months later, can I apply now? If not, when can I start applying?
The validity of permitted visa is (90) days.
9. If my online eVisa application is denied, will I be able to apply Tourist visa through Myanmar embassy?
Yes. You may apply your visa at Myanmar embassy or online eVisa. However visa application verification policy is the same across the embassies and online applications.
10. I know that (100) countries permitted with eVisa and tourist visa are allowed to enter Myanmar. May I know which countries you will allow more and what kind of will be extended and provided?
We have a plan to undertake the status step by step.
11. How do I enter to and exit from Myanmar using eVisa?
With eVisa, you can enter at any one of the following:
- 1. One of the 3 International Airports: Yangon, Mandalay, Nay Pyi Taw
- 2. One of the 3 International Land Border Checkpoints: Tachileik, Myawaddy, Kawthaung
To exit from Myanmar, you can use any one of above stated International Airports , International Land Border Checkpoints and furthermore, the Htikee Land Border Checkpoint as well.
12. Will Visa on Arrival and Myanmar Embassy continue to issue visa when Myanmar has launched online eVisa?
Yes. You may apply visa online or at Myanmar Embassy near your location. Visa on Arrival is for Business Visa only.
13. Where can I contact to ask questions regarding eVisa?
Please contact our support team to ask further question regarding eVisa. Contact Us
14. Will I receive my eVisa in postal or do I collect it at the Myanmar checkpoint?
No. . eVisa once approved an Approval Letter is sent directly to your designated email address.
15. How do I receive my eVisa Approval Letter??
When your eVisa application has been approved an Approval Letter is sent to your designated email address.
16. Do you have any policy regarding the issue of permission for entry if those bring copy of approval letter instead of original (or) take a photo of it?
You are require to print out the eVisa approval letter and present it at the Immigration upon arrival.
17. How many copies of Approval Letter do I need to print out?
You would only need to print out one copy.
18. How many days could I get in Myanmar if I travel with eVisa?
The permitted days is (28) days when you arrive in Myanmar.
19. How long will it take to get necessary documents from you?
You will receive acknowledgment mail of application right after successful payment and eVisa processing takes up to 2 working days, starting from the time that we receive your application.
20. May I know the reasons why the application is rejected?
If it is rejected, the office will reply just rejection but not giving reasons.
21. Regarding the date of application in advance, is there any policy for public holiday and vocation?
Processing time is (2) days to verify application. Public holidays are not counted in (2) working days.
22. Can I make payment offline?
Only online payment through credit cards are accepted.
23. Do I get a refund if my application is rejected?
Yes, We do refund if your application is rejected. But Official Government Website is not refund such case.
24. Do I need to queue at Visa on Arrival desk when I reach Myanmar with eVisa?
eVisa is not a Visa on Arrival hence there is no need to queue for any visa sticker. Proceed straight to immigration counter when you arrive.
25. I have completed my application and payment but there is no email confirmation whether it is successful or not, what do I do?
In case that you do not receive any confirmation email from us, please check your Spam or Junk mail folder before contacting us.
26. I do not receive acknowledgment email from eVisa within (1) hour and how do I get receipt for payment?
We will send acknowledgement email to your email address upon successful payment. Alternatively you may contact for further query via contact us page.
27. What size is the entry stamp on the passport for eVisa?
Normal entry stamp which is approximately 1.5×1.5 inches will be used.
28. How long is the approval letter valid for?
Approval letter is valid for 90 days from the date of issue.
29. How safe are my credit card details?
For secure online payment, we use Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to keep your credit card details safe. In no cases will your debit/credit card details be transmitted unencrypted over the Internet.
30. My credit card number is correct, but it was not accepted by your system. Why?
It might be due to any problems below:
- (a) There might be some computer error or irregular card information.
- (b) You have reached credit limit/your account is not enough money to pay.
- (c) You have entered incorrect card expiration date or your card has expired.
- (d) You have entered incorrect One Time Password (OTP) Code.
- (e) Your card is not registered to pay online in the Issuer Bank.
- (f) Your credit card must be 3D secure feature enabled.For more information please contact your card issuer bank.
31. I have already applied Tourist visa through eVisa online system. Can I change it to Business or Social visa?
No. Visa cannot be changed to other visa types such as Business and Social.
32. Do children under 7 years holding their own passports require to make a separate eVisa application?
Yes. Children under age of 7 holding their own passports are require to apply eVisa separately and pay for the eVisa. If your child is under 7 and is listed in parent/guardian passport and accompanying the trip, please fill up the minor information included in eVisa application form.
33. I entered one of my information (Full Name/ Nationality / Passport Number / Email address) incorrectly and could you please modify it?
Applicants are asked to confirm all the provided information are correct and accurate before the payment during the application. And applicants have to “Confirm”. Our eVisa system is not able to update or modify any of the information applicants have entered wrongly. Applicant is responsible to provide all the information correct and accurately to avoid unnecessary issues at Myanmar Immigration upon arrival. We do encourage to make sure all the information provided are correct before submitting the application.